Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dale, Interrupted


Ah! The holiday madness continues!

Work has come to a premature stop on Dale Crawford due to a series of production problems (an unexpected snowfall ruining a location shoot, a mix-up with the Screen Actors' Guild that caused an important contract to get delivered to the wrong address, and an actor cancelling on us literally fifteen minutes before the shoot began). But weep not, the film isn't cancelled, merely paused for a moment. Look for a remount of the production as soon as the snow melts and spring returns to our fair land! (Say, around April).

But work has not ceased entirely - I'll be overseeing the recording of the theme song tomorrow night. Am feeling a little nervous as this will be my first gig as a music producer since my stint on the Wonder Show back in the 90's. But despite any nervousness I might have, I surprised myself by having a dream last week that I was overseeing the recording and everything was going smoothly. Weird! What is that, some sort of reverse Anxiety Dream? Shouldn't it have been one of those where I'm in my underwear and all the knobs turn to goo in my hands? I can only hope that this bodes well for the recording!

(Ah, but who is going to be performing the song? Wait and all will be revealed - gotta keep you in a little suspense...)

More on the recording process later in the week, so long as I'm not too sidetracked by Christmas shopping, packing for my upcoming trip to Missouri and/or the impending Sword of Damocles that is known as the Subway Strike...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home