Monday, August 22, 2005

Good Grief! I get the Sci-Fi Channel!

It's been almost literally months since I've sat down to watch TV at home: too many unwatched DVDs on my shelf and too little free time. I still get cable because reception is so bad in my apartment (and every now and then I'll want to watch something - like PBS' recent Bob Newhart biography), but I only get the most basic package, giving me the broadcast channels, the public access channels, NY1, one of the C-Spans and a bunch of those weird channels that don't actually seem to show anything except photos of the Capital or block text that scrolls across the bottom of the screen.

So, it was with no small surprise that I flipped on the TV this weekend to find the Sci-Fi Channel suddenly in my meager line-up. Hooray! No longer will I be Mansquito deprived! Reruns of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century in the afternoon? There for the watching! When my co-workers say, "Did you see that episode of Stargate CSI last night?" I can say: "Why, yes I did!" (Well, I could if I actually watched Stargate: SVU. Or if my co-workers watched it. I mean, someone must be watching it, right? They do show it an awful lot...)

But all snarkiness aside (and considering some of it's programming choices, Sci-Fi deserves all the snarkiness it gets), I should point out that they have been showing the new Battlestar Galactica and reruns of Firefly, both of which I've been watching regularly thanks to Jen's much more impressive cable package. (She gets The Cartoon Network, too!) And they're both extremely entertaining, so I've got to give the network at least a little begrudging respect - but only a little (they are the ones who gave us Chupacabra, after all!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home