Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Dalek Invasion of New York

Been a bit quiet around here for the past couple weeks - and it's likely to continue to be quiet, as many major things are looming on the horizon, including the upcoming DWNY fanzine which I'm co-editing and writing a short story for (deadline in two weeks!), pre-production for my "Dale Crawford" short film (back on the itenerary after being postponed a couple months due to weather), setting up my new Avid Xpress system (got any video editing needs? I'll be up and running by the end of the week!), and a trip to Austin to visit Jen's brother Dave and my friends Deb and Scott.

Whew! Should have a wealth of experiences to blog about after they're all done, but until then, if you don't see me here, it's because I've got work to do!

Speaking of which, Jen and I went out this past Saturday with my friend Dave and his radio control Dalek to shoot some photos for the cover of the aforementioned DWNY fanzine, which is quite possibly the geekiest thing I've done all year (and that's saying a lot!). Originally, it was just going to be Dave and myself, but Dave insisted we bring someone else along "because just the two of us out in New York playing with a radio control Dalek is a bit TOO pathetic." So, we managed to convince Jen to come along on the one condition that she could make fun of us. ("But, I was planning on making fun of you too!" Dave protested. "Maybe we could take turns.")

At any rate, we spent all afternoon visiting various landmarks in NYC: the public library, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty (among others): I took pictures of the Dalek while Jen and Dave stood off to the side and tried not to act too embarassed. Fortunately for all, whatever embarassment we might have felt was made up for by the photos which, everyone admits, turned out pretty darned good! Here are two:


And here's one of the photographer hard at work, courtesy Jen's cell phone...


More of the Dalek images will soon be posted to the DWNY website (or so John promises). Until I post again, enjoy yourselves! I gotta get back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home