Sunday, June 26, 2005

My Weekend as a Tourist

My Mother and Aunt swung into town on Friday for their latest visit to New York City, so Jen and I have been busy showing them around town all weekend. It's always fun when company visits because it gives me a good excuse to hit all the touristy sights that I'm normally too busy to bother with: The Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim, the Children's Museum (to see the big Dr. Seuss exhibition and watch some "Frog and Toad" videos), Central Park, and the North American premiere of the English version of Mon Oncle. We even dined at the world-famous "Tavern on the Green", which truth be told, is actually a bit on the tacky side (green chandeliers and grizzly bears? Even a fashion disaster like me could say those things don't go together!). The verdict is out on whether or not the regular coffee was replaced with Folgers Crystals, though.

But there's still more to come! There's a free Richard Thompson concert, a visit to the Scandinavia House, a Broadway show and whatever else we can cram into the next few days before they head back to the Midwest on Thursday. So if I sound exhausted for the next week or so, you'll know why...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home